To meet the requirements of Environmental Health, we have restricted times of use and the portable lights MUST NOT be used after 9.30pm. Please consider this before loading time from your cards or you will lose any extra time from your card.
For safety reasons, the masts are designed to retract if the wind speed exceeds 25 mph.
If the red light on the control panel is lit up then the wind has exceeded this level and the button must be reset before the masts will go up.
The current wind speed can be checked using the observation window on the side of the control panel – you are likely to have issues with the masts retracting if the wind is gusting near to the safety level.
If the wind speed now seems OK then press the reset button and proceed with setting the card timers.
If the masts do go down due to wind while you are playing, pressing the reset button will allow them to go back up but this will happen every time the wind gusts above the level and so will interfere with your play.
- Insert card into the appropriate timer (with chip on right hand side)
- A time should flash on the display – for most cards this will be for 7 ½ minutes
- Press the blue button once for each multiple of this time unit you want to put on the court – the total can be made up from several presses from one card or shared between several cards if each player wants to contribute their share of the cost.
- REMOVE THE CARD TO SWITCH ON THE LIGHTS (more time can still be added after this time by reinserting a card)
- At the end of the time on the metre, the lights will go off; there is a warning buzzer on the control panel a minute or two before they will go off. One light on each court will remain lit up to allow time to leave the court safely.
- If the lights have switched off then they must be allowed to cool off before they can be switched back on. If you are following on from other players then you should add your time before the previous time expires and then start your play at the appropriate time